Experienced IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
Experienced Senior IT Support Engineer required to provide both remote and onsite 3rd line IT infrastructure support for our Managed Service Provider client base.
With offices in both Dundee and Edinburgh we can be flexible with your work location and home working is also feasible. Onsite support will be required within Tayside, Fife & Edinburgh to support our client base.
Overview & Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to assist the existing support team by lessening the impact of major or recurring issues and ensure our clients receive the high levels of client service we are passionate about.
Within this role, you will be responsible for key areas of the support function.
- Major Incidents - Managing and recovering major incidents including system failure, ransomware infections and any issues which have a severe impact on our clients’ business.
- Recurring Issues - Taking ownership of recurring or problem issues to investigate, diagnose and resolve or propose a solution to stop the issue re-occurring.
- Complex Issues - Issues requiring advanced knowledge or where requiring an extended time to complete, you will work with existing support staff to ensure the impact of these is minimal.
- Support Team - As a senior support engineer, you will be required to assist existing support staff where help is needed.
You will also be involved in other key areas of our service delivery model:
- Project Work - You will be required to assist existing project engineers with project delivery.
- Shackleton Standards - You will also be involved in reviewing and refining our internal standards we align our clients against.
Our unique offering is designed to understand our clients’ businesses and to work with them to align their IT infrastructure towards delivering their business goals.
Skills and Experience
As a senior member of our support team, you will be required to have a broad variety of skills to assist in delivering consistently high levels of customer service:
- MSP/IT Helpdesk - Managing & Supporting multiple client sites within an SLA driven environment.
- Level 3/Escalations - Being the last line of support for clients & colleagues.
- IT Infrastructure - Supporting server and network hardware as well as firewalls and internet connectivity.
- Microsoft - Supporting Microsoft Windows Server & Desktop operating systems, server and desktop applications and Microsoft Office 365.
Salary and Rewards
The expected salary for this role is between £30,000 and £35,000 and is negotiable based on experience.
Additional benefits include:
- 28 days holiday (increases over time)
- Company pension scheme
- Up to five times death in service
- Commission from sales leads
- Dedicated Training & Development Time
Shackleton Technologies are a trusted and established Managed Service Provider (MSP) with offices in Dundee & Edinburgh supporting some of the most renowned brands across Tayside, Fife & Edinburgh.
Focusing on clients who understand the value of their IT we work closely with them to deliver IT strategy & planning, alignment against industry standards, proactive management along with IT support and project delivery.
Training and development is embedded within our core values, and we actively encourage employees to develop and move into new roles, especially as our business grows.