IT Support Helpdesk
As a managed IT Services company, Shackleton Technologies provides a fully trained technical helpdesk, offering a single point of contact for clients requiring assistance on a wide variety of technology issues.
Our IT support service operates across Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife and Central Scotland.
The ultimate goal of the helpdesk is to resolve your IT issues and requests as efficiently and quickly as possible.
When you have a request, the helpdesk will:
- Act as a single point of contact for all IT support matters
- Provide level 1, 2 and 3 support, using a wide range of technical expertise and experience
- Employ problem resolution and escalation procedures that are strictly monitored and controlled
- Use our Professional Services Automation software (PSA), which allocates a unique identifier to all requests/issues and enables tracking of the progress and management of client updates for each job
- Manage Shackleton’s technical knowledge base
- Ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met
The helpdesk is there to help you with all your everyday support requests. From our helpdesk, we can also dispatch engineers to be on site at your premises, to fix any issues that could not be resolved remotely.
This comprehensive IT support helpdesk service captures all your requests to ensure you are up and running as soon as possible.
Our Helpdesk Engineers
It takes a special individual to work in a fast-paced service desk environment. Our engineers work quickly and will assign the highest care and priority to your request.
Here is what you can expect from our helpdesk engineers:
- Zero jargon, just real words, in plain English, that you can understand
- A clear understanding of what to expect, in terms of response, resolution times, call backs
- When your ticket is closed, you will receive a request for your feedback, asking about your experience
- Level 1: engineers are the first point of contact for support requests and typically manage the most common user questions. They will triage any support requests requiring advanced input.
- Level 2: engineers tend to be more technically knowledgeable, or more experienced, for handling complex queries
- Level 3: engineers are true technical experts. Helpdesk issues escalated to Level 3 will be managed by professional IT Engineers, with vast experience. They possess very advanced technical skills and are the final escalation point for more serious or complicated issues
The Shackleton Helpdesk Team is also highly proactive, driven by a preventative way of thinking. Our engineers work with our NOC Team to remedy issues.
Over 96% of all helpdesk issues are resolved remotely, without the need for an onsite visit. Your issues are fixed more quickly and more efficiently, with less disruption to your business.
17 October 2019
Shackleton Technologies recently had the pleasure of hosting an event to raise awareness in the Dundee and Angus area for The Polar Academy, a Scottish charity created to help young adults become leaders of the future.
25 September 2019
Leandra joined the Shackleton team in July as a Service Desk Coordinator. Many of you will have spoken with Leandra when phoning our service desk team so we thought it’s time for you to get to know her better via our series of team interviews.
19 September 2019
Technology is evolving at a rapid rate and, these days, we're lucky enough to have an app to help enrich every aspect of our lives. In the post, we take a look at all the apps that help us plan the perfect summer holiday.